National Weather Service Statement as of 4:09 AM EST on January 21, 2010
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from this evening through
A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from this evening through
* Precipitation type... freezing rain... sleet... and snow.
* Accumulations... potential for ice accumulation of one quarter
inch. Snow and sleet accumulation of 5 inches or more is
* Timing... Thursday evening through Friday.
* Temperatures... upper 20s to lower 30s throughout the event.
* Winds... north-northeast 5 10 10 mph through Thursday night...
and 15 to 20 mph Friday.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.