Friday, November 27, 2009

Kudos to Keyser Police Department

Yesterday afternoon I was walking off some turkey before my next meal by walking around Keyser. I could feel a few drops of rain, so I figured I would walk over through Keyser Square in case it started to rain heavy I could walk under the awning.

As I was walking past Clements Jewelry store I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought it might have been a reflection in the store window, but when I looked I saw some one moving in the store. The store was closed and all of the lights were off. Being a business owner, I thought some one might want to check this out. I called 911 on my cell and Mineral County transferred me to Keyser PD. I told them what I had seen and that it might be nothing, but wanted to let them know.

It took less time for Keyser PD to get on the scene, than it did for Mineral County 911 to transfer me to Keyser PD on the phone. Turned out it was only John Clement doing some Christmas decorating while the store was closed with the lights off as not to attract attention. Had the lights been on, then I might have recognized him and not called it in. As a business owner I hope if someone sees someone walking around in my store after hours they will also call police and report it even if it is only me.

My hats are off to the Keyser PD for the quick response time and working hard on a holiday when I sure they would rather be with their families. I give thanks for your service on Thanksgiving Day keep up the good work. Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment