Friday, September 25, 2009

Creepy

I remember being accused a few years back of being a 100% backer of President Bush, agreeing with every single thing he ever said or did. My responde was always the same, that I agreed with probably six or seven out of every ten things. I argued that I liked him because I agreed with him most of the time, especially on the big issues such as security. I also really like Ronald Reagan, but when I teach on him in class I criticize the way he handled Lebanon. The way we left that country and handled hostage situations encouraged more terrorism later.

No conservative will answer that they agreed with either Bush 100% of the time and very few will say that of Reagan. You are not disloyal to the cause in conservatism for thinking freely.

Contrast that with some of Obama's followers, people who believe that he rules, not governs.

Most people saw the extremely creepy video of a schoolteacher leading children in a song of praise about Obama. Part of it was sung to the Battle Hymn of the Republic! It parroted his campaign messages and other speeches since his inauguration.

Many correctly pointed out that this goes beyond education into simple propaganda. Parents responded with anger at their children being used and then put on You Tube. It reflects the attitude common to fascist, communist, and personal dictatorships. This attitude exalts the Leader over the individual, his will over your judgment. It is way to common for a certain segemtn to adore Obama instead of simply support him.

That is frightening.
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! You are 100% correct!(Yes that's scary as hell!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! You are 100% correct(Yes, that's scary as hell!)

    ReplyDelete