Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Open Letter to Obama

Mr. Obama today you will become the 44th President of the United States. I wish you and your family well on this day. It is yours and you earned it.

I would like to remind you as you move forward. You will be a leader of a nation that has diverse views and many of those views you do not share, but you must respect those views.

I want you to be a leader and a true leader leads. He understands that sometimes his views are the minority view and the nation may be best served by yielding to the majority. There will be times when the opposite is true. You must try to identify those and make the right decision. You will not always be right and when your wrong we will let you know.

You must respect our military and their sacrifice to freedom. Many have paid the ultimate price to allow you to become president. They fought wars past and present that you may not have agreed with, but they fought them for all of us. Do not forget their sacrifice when you make your decisions.

Some 200 years ago very wise men wrote the US Constitution. Use it when you make your decisions. Don't go by what some historian tells you about it, read it yourself and the papers of the founding fathers. See the nation through their eyes when you make your decisions.

While they will call you the leader of the Free World, the reality you are the leader of the United States of America. Always put the interest of the nation first.

I wish you good luck over the next 4 years. I never voted for you, but you will be my President. I will support you in that role, but I will also disagree with you from time to time. You are my president and you will have the respect from me that your office deserves.

5 comments:

  1. GOOD POST.
    GOD BLESS
    BUDDY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary,
    Great job! I could not have said it better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary,

    Well said... Keep up the great work in Mineral County...

    Take care & God Bless,

    Tommy Phillips
    HCREC
    Chairman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary ~ Very well written. Like another, I could not have said it better. I did not vote for him but he is our President and we need to pray for him and the decision that he makes.

    ReplyDelete