Monday, April 7, 2008

Press Release: Lynn Staton Seeks National Committeewoman Seat

Dear Potomac Highlands Conservative,

On June 21, 2008 the West Virginia Republican State Executive Committee will meet in Flatwoods for our State Committee Summer meeting and West Virginia Convention. I am a candidate for National Committeewoman. The election for this office will be held during the state Committee meeting portion of our gathering. I would be honored to have your support.

Because of the nature of our government affairs consulting business, my husband, former Congressman Mick Staton, and I are frequently in Washington. Over the years, I have become acquainted with our national Republican leaders. Additionally, our proximity to the nation’s capitol and frequent trips into DC make it easy for me to be in touch with the Republican National Committee.

As a lifelong Republican, I have worked hard for the election of our candidates on the local, state and national level. We have been involved in a number of successful campaigns in West Virginia including State Senator Sarah Minear, the late State Senator Harry Dugan, Governor Cecil Underwood and the 2004 Bush campaign, just to name a few.

In 2004 I was appointed to fill a vacancy on the State Committee from the 16th Senatorial District. In 2006, I ran for, was elected, and presently serve in that capacity as well as my position as Associate Chairwoman of the Republican State Executive Committee. In years past I served as Assistant Treasurer of the State Committee. Most recently I served as the General Chairman of the West Virginia Republican Presidential Nominating Convention – a very rewarding position.

As you know, the national party will be formulating a new system for presidential primaries. I believe my experience working with and understanding other states’ processes will aid me in helping the party arrive at a new system that works.

Now I am asking for your vote to become the next National Committeewoman from West Virginia. I believe my experience on the national scene, my work on behalf of Republican candidates and my service to the party equip me well for this position. I am confident that I can help West Virginia Republicans on the national level as well as here at home. I will do my best to keep West Virginia “Red” and carry our message of small government, lower taxes and individual freedom to the national party. I hope I can count on your support. I look forward to discussing this with you and will call you soon to see if you have any questions for me.

Until then, if you would like to talk with me, you can reach me at (304) 229-5890 or by email at lynn@caplink.com.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Lynn S. Staton

368 Jaguar Drive * Inwood, WV * 25428

No comments:

Post a Comment